• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OverClocking P5Q Deluxe Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

salsa88

I got my gaming computer finshed today and I need help OC this bad boy. I'm picking up a 9700 CPU cooler on my way home. I need help as this is my first high end OC and will be OC the CPU and RAm, I will OC the GPU later on. Can someone that has OC the P5Q Deluxe or other P5Q give me a good starting point on what my settings/timming should be to start out with. I would like to make it to 4ghz stable.
System specs in Sig

Easiest method...

Set everything to auto... set ram to 1:1 and start upping the FSB

You will not need to make any adjustments on that mobo unless you have a spectacular clocker. Just up the FSB if it stops booting
give it some more voltage (not much though) 1.4 should be tops... you can try upping hte VTT after you peaked for stability. Lots of people will run veryhigh VTT with low vcore... to post some nice screenies but it is not recommended for daily usage.

There are more detailed ways to do it. But basically thats how simple an intel is to OC... absolute best OC/performance is more tricky and you will get into subtiming and voltages etc... but I will let the pros deal with that

once you find max OC on cpu you can tweak everything else (find max ram OC and set multi on CPU to keep as high a FSB as possible while not inhibiting anything else etc etc)

Back