• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI ICX3200 Problems...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xnewnx

For the life of me I can not figure out what the problem is. The board is coming up with a POST code 7F on the little LCD display at the bottom. Me being me, lost the manual. And i can't seem to find the post codes online. I did find one list of them but it didn't seem to have the specific one that i had, or something that made any sense.

I tried clearing the bios, switching the memory around, a lot of other things and it jsut refuses to post.

If only i coudl figure out what 7F means i could narrow it down.

Anyone know anything about these boards or has a manual they could tell me from?

According to the DFI website, the BIOS is an award bios. Unfortunately, POST codes seem to be both BIOS and motherboard dependent. From bioscentral.com, for award BIOS: (this may not be correct)

Switch back to text mode if full screen logo is supported: if errors occur, report errors & wait for keys, if no errors occur or F1 key is pressed continue - Clear EPA or customization logo

My recommendation is as follows, first try pressing F1 when at 7f.
If that doesn't work, strip the system down to CPU, memory (1 stick) and video card, and see what happens.

Yes i found those post codes as well. I wasnt sure how to interpret that. I'll give the F1 deal a shot.

Well i pressed F1 when it was hanging up, and it shot threw some more numbers then stopped at FF...Boot attempt...but it still will nto post. Hm..

I got it to post guys, thanks a lot. The F1 deal did the trick, as well as goign downt o bare bones card/memory/cpu. I think i can figure it otu from here.

Thanks a lot guys.

Back