• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stock Volts for FSB and NB on P35?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OBLIVIONLORD

I can't seem to find it anywhere on the forum because it's probably hidden good but, what are the stock volts of the P35 chipset and the FSB?

The Overclocking sticky in the cpu section doesn't tell me this number. Also what's considered a 'safe' area for these 2?

Thanks

I run 1.55 24/7, active cooling. You probably only need to go higher if you're pushing around 500fsb.

I have the NB at 1.4v and the cpu at 1.3625. At 435fsb it appears that there is instability when the vtt is at 1.3v as opposed to 1.35. So if I am seeing stability at 1.35v then is that safe even though you all say 1.3?

A VTT of 1.3 - 1.35v is way too high for an FSB of only 435 MHz and a 45nm dual. You shouldn't need more than 1.1 - 1.15v for that frequency. And w/ an FSB of 500 MHz or lower, you shouldn't need more than 1.5v even w/ 4GB of RAM. Intel spec's the max. VTT at 1.45v, just like the CPU core voltage. I run a VTT of 1.15v and a vNB of 1.45v w/ an FSB of 494 MHz. The CPU and NB GTL reference voltages, including the CPU / NB clock skews are critical to a stable OC. I've also run the FSB up to 530 MHz w/ a VTT of 1.20 and vNB of 1.53, so high voltages aren't necessary w/ a P35 and 45nm dual.

I'm running a Q9550, not a dual. I have 2 systems both with the same model chip, 1 microATX and 1 Regular.

With this P5E-VM, anything lower than 1.35v Vtt while at 435fsb will error on prime95. Doesnt matter how high the cpu or nb voltage is, it still errors unless I increase the vtt. This board also has a terrible vdrop of about -.15 at most while running Intel BurnTest compared to my P5Q-Deluxe board which is barley affects it.

Last edited:
Back