• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP plz, can't see mobo splash screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Frog_Qc

Hi,

I will need an help, i just installed my watercooling system. All went fine. Well, i got 1 problem, when i tried to get water in all loops i got my cpu to get to hot then shutdown. I dont think that fried my cpu since, it shutdown the system...well i hope. anyways, When the loops was full and rdy to go, i plug back all my cables, and hope to get a boot to windows... but ..no.. I can't even see the splash screen of my mobo... (see sig) I watercooled the NB, CPU and video card. I tried to do the jumper-reset bios, but nothing. I hear my computer trying to boot and reboot and reboot before any video signal can get out. My video card says no signal. I tried to unplug de ram i got, and replug, i tried to replug my video card, i just dont know what to do to pin point the trouble... Any ideas? i hope i didnt kill any parts... I find weird that i can't see the splash screen... Does a working cpu needs to be plugged to be able to see the splash screen of the mobo?

Thx

Sounds like problem with Video card. Check VGA cable which port is plugged into. If you have a spare video card try installing it just to test.

I hope its not the video card!! always the expensive thing that brake first... But i remember that i plug my card on the left plug which is not the first one on the card if i remember right... so maybe its only that... (i hope, omg i hope) Does the computer reboot if you plug the monitor not on the right plug?

Yes you need a working cpu to see the boot screen. It does sound video related. Your PC won't reboot if your monitor is plugged into one video plug or the other. It's something else

I said it reboot since i heard the sound of smth trying many time, but im not sure i plugged the SATA on the good order (dont ask) so i wanted to cheked that in the bios..which i wasn't able to reach, maybe it just cant find anywhere to load so reboot...(hoping). At least i know why i don't have any screen... im certain im in the second DVI port.(im stupid...it was late..ermm) i cant wait to be at home now....

if you have any other idea i will take them all :) and thx for the help

damn, it didnt work, i need to test my setup with another card. -.- I got 2 or 3 red lights on the board...sometimes 2 are on and sometimes 3... anyone knows what thoses red light mean on the diamond hd4870x2? they dont talk about it in the manual...

thx

Back