• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Rampage Formula Q9650 - Something is wrong

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

locodoneky

I just setup my new rig. Asus formula rampage, q9650, patriot 1066 ram, 4870 x2, 1000w corsair PSU.

Problem: I cannot get above ~360 FSB. I can't even boot into windows. Based on what I have seen 3.6Ghz @ 400 FSB. I have tried messing with voltages, moving the ram to different slots. I am totally lost. It seems like something is just off with the ram/mobo/cpu. I'm stable at stock settings - havent had a crash yet.

This ringing any bells. I am thinking about getting some different ram. Not sure what to do. I figured I would hit 3.6 no problem maybe even 4.

I have a zalman 9700 temps are very low idle sub 30s

When you overclock your FSB, this also overclocks the RAM, so you may need to alter the divider for a lower RAM frequency, if that's the problem.

chipsets are low (28-30) NB 45.

I think its a ram issue - I failed memtest. I am looking to change ram. Any suggestions for this board.

Thanks

Show us the Memory tab in CPU-Z. It sounds like you have a high divider selected...you want 1:1 (this will mean you need to underclock your RAM for now). Also, what do you have your DRAM voltage set to?

I had the ram set to 1:1 when I tried OC the FSB at all. I am running the manufacturer recommended voltage @ 2.1.

I just ordered some gskill ram that appears to play nicely with my board. I'm hoping this will let me get past the windows boot BSOD issues I have been having when even minially oc'ed (360 FSB or higher)

vcore and vFSBT need to be higher for sure. You will need to set the ram to 1:1 with 5-5-5-15 timings and 2.2vdimm to start. These can be adjusted for better performance later.

I run mine at 450x9 with ease on this board. PM me as a reminder and when I get home I will send you my BIOS settings.

Back