• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice with budget build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

olphart

I'm not too good at this forum stuff, hope I posted in the right place.:screwy:
I am losing my vison and this will probably be my last build. I will be using one of my AMS G-tower cases and was hoping to use an Antec SL 450 power supply.Here is the list of parts I have been considering.
Asus P5Q-E
Lite-on DVD burner SATA LH-20A1S
Palit XAE/48500+T352 Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache

I still enjoy playing around with overclocking but would like a stable system. My last build was about 5 yrs ago but I'm sure I can still put one together. These parts listed total around $630. I will have to sell one of my notebooks to do this build. At a later date I will get a better CPU cooler, an inexpensive cooler suggestion would also be welcome. If I HAVE to get a power supply, a CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 was what I was looking at. I will be using my Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 400GB 7200 RPM SATA HD.

I'm not too good at this forum stuff, hope I posted in the right place.:screwy:
I am losing my vison and this will probably be my last build. I will be using one of my AMS G-tower cases and was hoping to use an Antec SL 450 power supply.Here is the list of parts I have been considering.
Asus P5Q-E
Lite-on DVD burner SATA LH-20A1S
Palit XAE/48500+T352 Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache

I still enjoy playing around with overclocking but would like a stable system. My last build was about 5 yrs ago but I'm sure I can still put one together. These parts listed total around $630. I will have to sell one of my notebooks to do this build. At a later date I will get a better CPU cooler, an inexpensive cooler suggestion would also be welcome. If I HAVE to get a power supply, a CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 was what I was looking at. I will be using my Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 400GB 7200 RPM SATA HD.

Looks like a nice balanced system. Going with your old psu might be questionable... I'm not sure how much current the 4850 draws... new generation cards are quite power hungry so you might need the 550VX. Maybe somone else will comment. I'm still runnig older generation cards.

done deal

I ordered the parts tonite. went ahead and got the PS too and an Asus Silent Knight 2 cooler. Ordered from Newegg, hope everything comes next week.

Back