• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Q6600 + P5QL-pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hobby69

Guys, recently i bought my P5QL-pro + Q6600 with 4gb ddr2 800. Im a bit worried about the overclocking potential of the board. I'm hopping to overclock it to 3.6gzh for my FSX game and this is my first time in OC. i have read some post saying that my board is not good for OC :( . Hope u guys can give a bit of opinion about the board.

You need to read up on the OC potential of the board before you buy. I'm assuming you didn't know that you wanted to overclock until after the fact?
Unfortunately I know nothing about that board. I have however overclocked an E7200 to 3.6GHz on a regular P5Q. There were no problems.

yup, actually i wanted to take the P5Q-pro but my budget not enough, then i ask the shop which budget mobo can do OC then they said i should take the p5ql-pro. That's why i bought this mobo, then read some post about this mobo, some said it is not good for OC :cry:

Back