• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x58 SLI test for Crysis and Far Cry 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dolk

I once overclocked an Intel
Was poking my noes around some tech news and stumbled upon this article:
http://sg.vr-zone.com/articles/-updated-x58-sli-test-on-crysis-warhead--far-cry-2/6149.html

I'm an AMD fanboy, so I don't have a lot of knowledge in the intel area, but when I was looking at the CPU-Z shots, was I seeing things or does the i7 really have a 133 bus speed?

Another thing, I didn't know that the i7 was being tested by third party vendors, thought I would have seen that on www.Dailytech.com or somewhere similar.

it should have been tested by 3rd party vendors for motherboards long before now. its not much longer and i7 go retail. i7 doesnt have a traditional buss like core 2, its a HTT like buss. intel calls it Quick Path aka QP, also use to be known as CSI or common serial interface.

I was talking to a bunch of friends last night about this picture. They told me about QPI and what it does. So how much will this QPI change OCing on the Intel i7? If you already have your multi up to x25, than I guess you will be messing with the QPI bus the majority of the time?

Thanks for that information. Should look like a good battle between AMD and Intel.

Back