• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ECS X58B-A $260

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sno.lcn

Senior2 Member
After reading the article, it still looks like a huge improvement for ECS.

I like the onboard power and reset buttons, I've gotten spoiled having those on my last few boards. Also, the onboard debug LED is a plus. The bit-tech article mentions this being a value board, but emphasizes at the end it's not an enthusiast board.

I hoping to get a review sample right around release.

I originally found this link at techpowerup so gotta give them credit too.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/10/29/ecs-tips-hat-to-x58b-a-black-series/1

ecs-X58B-A-7.jpg

ecs-x58b-a-side7.jpg

Looks nice for an ECS ... still I won't risk to buy it for overclock with that 6 phase power and it's cheap for X58 board but not cheap enough for ecs :D
It's hard to say anything more about X58 boards so I'm waiting for larger review ;)

After reading the article, it still looks like a huge improvement for ECS.

I like the onboard power and reset buttons, I've gotten spoiled having those on my last few boards. Also, the onboard debug LED is a plus. The bit-tech article mentions this being a value board, but emphasizes at the end it's not an enthusiast board.

I hoping to get a review sample right around release.

I originally found this link at techpowerup so gotta give them credit too.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/10/29/ecs-tips-hat-to-x58b-a-black-series/1

ecs-X58B-A-7.jpg

ecs-x58b-a-side7.jpg

Not enthusiast? De-bug LED, power/reset buttons, dual-Gb-LAN, 2x PCIe2.0, Cu HS's w/ heatpipes...sure seems like enthusiast to me. :confused:

Way to go ECS! :beer:

Wow, is DFI making ECS boards now? Man have they come a long ways from being the Fry's special boards that I blew up on a regular basis.

Not enthusiast? De-bug LED, power/reset buttons, dual-Gb-LAN, 2x PCIe2.0, Cu HS's w/ heatpipes...sure seems like enthusiast to me. :confused:

Way to go ECS! :beer:

Features do not equal an enthusist level board (unless they are bios features ;) ) If the board does not perform well, its not an enthusist level board.

ip35 pro

p5q pro

VALUE boards that were enthuiast class.

They were the same as the deluxe versions.. but minus some pretty lights and buttons on the mobo. (Which I think is actually harder then stabbing a screwdriver blade in there. I would go without that if it saved me 5-10 bucks...) I have my board on a lianli mobo tray right now running caseless but vertically. I have to tilt the thing and reach in under psu wires and stuff and hope my ham hands dont knock something loose. A nice long flat blade on the otherhand...

Agree with NM and Jason, at least all enthusiast boards should have the debug LED and reset (both CMOS and regular), power buttons, in the front preferably where one can use it, after all benchers put their boards horizontally and not in a case, most of 'em in any case ;)

Looks like a board with potential, hope sno gets one soon so we can see what it does :)

I'm also hooked on the LED / CMOS switch from my IP35PRO. I hope these are things that are just going to be 'standard features' from now on.

Back