• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dead Asus P5k Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hellzarmy

well so last night i got my new 1Kw PSU installed, and all was happy in the little world.

i bought this PSU due to some issues i had been having with this mobo.

if i tried OCing, the system woudl never make it to POST. everntually getting to a bad checksum and i would barely get a reflash in and things would work as long as i didnt power down the system. if i did power it down, it would mean spending hours sitting there hitting the reset button over and over again until i re-flash or i get into the BIOS and load defaults.

well, yesterday i got the new PSU and my curousity got the best of me. so i did a simple OC of 8x350.. rebooted...dead...and as of 8am this morning was still dead.

so, bite the bullet and bought a DFI LANPARTY UT P45-T2RS.

this really sucks for me as i was hoping to turn this computer into a media server for all my Tivo/HD shows and movies, and build a new I7 rig in the next couple of weeks.

i guess it works out for the best tho as it will give me some time to see how the I7s shape out. I dont expect to sit on the sidelines too long if the i7's turn out to be great boards and CPUs tho. ill find some way to make it happen.. maybe have to hit the wife up for a allowance increase!

so anyways, ill post some screenies up of the new mobo, as it is still a somewhat new board.

damn!!! where is that email with my tracking # !!!!!!!

doubt it.

bought from Microcenter little over a year ago when i got back from Iraq.. so dont think i still have a reciept for it.

i got the DFI board today( love the egg!) and everything posts and looks great, just got to wait till i get home to make sure everything plays nice in my setup.

You don't need a receipt. Call Asus up and ask for an advance RMA. All you'll need is the serial number.

You don't need a receipt. Call Asus up and ask for an advance RMA. All you'll need is the serial number.

thanks for the info!!!

i sent in a RMA request for it. so just waiting to hear back from them
assuming everythign is taken care of in a timly manor, i should be able to recoup some of the money i spent on this new board.

There is no way i am going to give up my DFI board. i still feel stupid for buying the asus board in the first place and not a good DFI board.

so give it a couple weeks, and it should be in the for sale area!

I actually think that Asus board is pretty good, but if its giving you problems I understand your frustration. I want to go P45 as well.

Make sure you get advance RMA from Asus. They'll put a charge on your CC, but you'll get the board quickly, and as long as you send the bad board back quickly you have nothing to worry about. I've heard horror stories of people sending their boards in 1st, and having months go by.

i dounbt i will do a advanced rma on this board as i already have a replacement and pretty much considered it dead.

ill send it back and see what they say. as long as it doesnt take too long, i guess its ok

Back