• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with TPower mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chaos

Just got My Open box Biostar TPower mobo and I'm having an issue(hopefully its just operator error). Got a sata drive hooked to it and a IDE cd rom drive and I'm trying to make sure I can at least start loading Windows on the harddrive. I can get into bios, but when I try to boot it gets to a Hardware Monitor screen and gives the voltages and fan speeds and a flashing cursorand just sits there.. Did I get a bad board or am I missing something???When I clear the CMOS jumper and reboot I get a message that says 'CMOS settings wrong'. I just cleared it.. HELP!!!!

Last edited:
sounds funny to me. i only got locked at the hw screen when i had a bad oc. if u can get into bios go to the last tab and try and load the optimized defaults for bios then try and boot. see if that helps. good luck and keep me posted.

Try using another sata port for the hardrive, my very top sata port doesn't allways work/like a bad connection...

I also bought an open box tpower its lots of fun!

Funny thing is -it looks brand new.. I'll let you know--hate to have to send it back. Well tried removing the battery for awhile-still no luck--Says 'CMOS settings wrong' Probabbly have to return it...

Last edited:
Just to clarify when it says cmos settings wrong you go into the bios and reset all your settings right?

sorry to its getting late-what do u mean not set to save settings??

hey i never though of that mayb hes got jumper wrong. and is trying to boot with it set to reset. i still say just gointo bios and set it all to default and see if it boots.

If you have only 1xSATA hdd + 1xIDE odd then you should disable raid/ahci, plug SATA1 on board and just check if bios see hdd ( won't see odd because it's on marvell controller ). Then set booting to cd-rom as 1st and hdd 2nd. If you had older windows instalation it's big chance that you can't boot it so you have to reinstall/repair instalation.
If you use raid controler there is option 4+2 when you should use 2 last sata ports to run single hdd that are not raid/ahci.
Now I'm running 4xhdd ( 2x raid and 2 without ) and all is ok.
If bios can't see hdd then you have problem with board, hdd or connection (power or sata cable ), still it looks more like wrong settings in bios. After clearing cmos board should see single hdd too.
'CMOS settings wrong' is standard info from bios after clearing cmos.

During Post It does start to load the Marvell raid controller, but I thought I disabled it. I'll mess with it a little more. Hopefully its just me but if its not I need to get it RMD'd before 15 days..Where in the bios do you disable the Marvel raid adapter.??.

Last edited:
During Post It does start to load the Marvell raid controller, but I thought I disabled it. I'll mess with it a little more. Hopefully its just me but if its not I need to get it RMD'd before 15 days..Where in the bios do you disable the Marvel raid adapter.??.
I'm at work now and don't remember ( will check later ) but you don't have to disable it or even can't or your cd-rom won't work. Check if during boot bios see hdd. If it does then try to boot from hdd if you had system before ... or if you had system that was working on other board and you can't boot, then just reinstall/fix windows instalation.

I think I got it. Maybe my ide cd rom drive was bad, 'cause I took a dvd drive out of another system and was able to get Windows loaded on the harddrive. I'm a happy camper!!!just waiting for my video card and I need to get a case(everything just laying on my desk right now.) Thanks for the help guys..

Back