• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with P5Q

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sheepdogsheep

I have had my MB for about 2 months now and it was working fine untill I tried using different RAM (I sent my old RAM back as it was faulty and haven't got it returned yet).

Now Vista64 crashes about 10 minutes after I start up my computer with a recurring sound loop. First I tried checking the ram with memtest86+ and I runs all the tests without error. This led me to believe it was my MB drivers so I formated, flashed my bios, and installed latest drivers for all my components (Audio, Video, chipset) this has however had no effect. What does help though is uninstalling the High Definition Audio Bus drivers that get installed evertime I boot. (2 sets of them get installed if I don't use the latest drivers I have, which will replace the one set but the other remains). Is there any way to get updated drivers for these? And also how could this problem start as soon as I changed RAM?

My setup is as follows:
ASSUS P5Q
E8400
HD4850 Gigabyte
1G Kingston KVR8002N5

Help would be greatly appreciated

One Gig of Kingston KVR8002N5/1G. It's in the compatibility list and it runs fine in another computer. I think I might have an IRQ error, though I have no idea how to test this.

That does seem like my RAM so I tried your recommendations and it has been running for a few minutes now, so far so good :).

What seems weird to me is that memtest passed without giving any errors? Is this common, for memtest to show your ram as fine but windows to be completely unstable?

Anyways thanks for the help!

EDIT: It ended up crashing after about 40 minutes, which is much longer than it ever made it before but still not ideal :(.

Last edited:
Back