• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR3 Motherboards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ancalime

Hey guys I want to make the move to DDR3 soon and was wondering what are the recommended motherboards out there.

Budget is $200-ish but would like to spend as little as possible. Features such as SLI/Crossfire are not needed but are welcome. I will be overclocking a Q9xxx on this board.

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Well if you want DDR3 board next month a new X58 chip set board will be out and they will all be DDR3. May have to wait a couple of weeks but it will be worth it !

Well if you want DDR3 board next month a new X58 chip set board will be out and they will all be DDR3. May have to wait a couple of weeks but it will be worth it !

Not for the $200 range. Your best bet would be an X48 for around that range. The X58's cheapest board is like $300 for the features you want.

X58 is not for a the Q9000 line, so that isnt even a option... if you want sli you need to get the 790i or for CF a X38/X48 or a P45 based board. if your looking to max out the Quad then p45 is going to be your best bet.

X58 is not for a the Q9000 line, so that isnt even a option... if you want sli you need to get the 790i or for CF a X38/X48 or a P45 based board. if your looking to max out the Quad then p45 is going to be your best bet.

Ahh that's right, my bad on the socket :bang head lol ;)

Wow so the next line of processors will be out in a month? I might as well wait in that case, thanks for the help.

right and the cheapest i7 is clocked at 2.66ghzand will be around $280 oem.

Back