• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA 780i question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AntecChris

I just finished my build and I am just trying to wrap up the small tweaks here and there. I am not getting any audio out of the MOBO, I have checked the bios settings, I checked the the connections, I checked the settings in windows and nothing. Also I am a nOOb to OC'ing and dont know how to OC my setup, any help would be greatly appreciated. :bang head

For Vista go to Control Panel/Device Manager and look if there is any yellow question mark , for XP go to Control Panel/System/Hardware Tab/ Device Manager and do the same and double check your speakers.

thanks, anybody out there running this MOBO?? I cant seem to OC the chip?? the multiplier wont go beyond 9X. How do I get this MOBO to OC???? I bought this board so I could OC and it wont let me, this sucks

You have to raise the FSB frequency, not the multiplier. Don't say it sucks because it doesn't, or at least you haven't got the skills yet to prove it.

Some simple steps to overclock the 780i (Assuming you are running a 65nm which is evident from your multi of 9x):

1. Go to CPU parameters and disable C1E.
2. Make your Multi 9x
3. Switch your FSB to 333MHz
4. Unlink your ram and make it 800 or 1066 which ever you have. A divider will automatically be assigned.
4. Bump up your Vcore to 1.3v(you shouldn't really have to do this, but it will ensure that you have enough Vcore) Then bump it down until it's unstable then bump it back up one notch. You will find your lowest workable Vcore this way.

I'm assuming that you have purchased a quality CPU Heatsink since you planned on Overclocking? If not, you really should or you won't be happy with your temperatures and you will not be able to take your overclock where you want it to be.

Please put your system specs in your signature or give us a list of what you're working with so we can better help you.

"I bought this board so I could OC and it wont let me, this sucks"

LOL @ it wont let u xD

Simplest way to overclock that board is to just raise the FSB and make sure your ram dosent go too far out of spec. ram does not overclock well in my opinion. once you raise the FSB to the point of instability then raise your CPU voltage a bit and keep going. monitor temps the whole time and if you get scared back down the FSB a bit and be happy.

Hi all

New to this forum but I just upgraded to a q9550 and 780i. Been reading a lot on OCing this combo. Good to find this thread.

hello, dont mean to jump in and well i didn't want to make a new thread.. i dont really know where to chang the FSB?? cant find it when i unlink the FSB and ram i get to change a FSB but stock it reads 1066, i dont think this is the one that i should be tweaking, where can i find the three digit ei. 333 fsb? thank you

Post a picture of that page of the BIOS. That will help. I haven't worked with that board in a while and don't remember the options.

Back