• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS P5K (P35) Northbridge voltage Q

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

Forgive my ignorant question. I'm still learning.

How do I know what my northbridge voltage is? I have it set to auto in bios. I looked in CPU-Z but it isn't listed.

Either check in the Hardware Monitor section of your BIOS, or use a third-party program like PC ProbeII, HWMonitor, Everest, etc. to read the current vNB.

From my experience with the P5K series auto almost always overvolts the northbridge.

I have had alot of these boards, and spent a very large amount of time using them for day to day computing, as well as overclocking/benchmarking. I have owned and used a P5K vanilla, P5K deluxe, and a P5K premium.

For 433 FSB you can probably get away with the absolute lowest settings, which from recollection is about 1.4v. That board will easily do 500+FSB with 1.5v, especially with only 2gb of RAM. If you upgrade to 4gb you might need to bump it "a tad"

FWIW......

I've been able to run 500fsb with all STOCK SET voltages on my board...no auto. I love my P5K Deluxe but I'm getting rid of it soon for some Crossfire action.

Lowest settable on P35 is actually 1.25v, and that's all I need to run 460FSB w/ all 4 RAM slots occupied.

Set yours to 1.25v. If that doesn't work try 1.4v.

You can go higher if needed. My old X3210 needed 1.55v on the NB to run at 450x8 w/ all 4 RAM slots filled. I ran it that way for over a year. Temps were never a problem.

I ran it at 1.8v for benchmark runs at 475x8 on that chip. 1.9v made it less stable.

Im running a 433FSBX7.

With the GARBAGE standard cooling on my CPU I dare not exceed that.

BTW Jason that's a nice setup you have there.

I'll trade you LOL

none of them best way is to touch the nb and see if its hot under full load i have a small fan on my p5k premium even thou im only running 1.10 volts on it
Rich

none of them best way is to touch the nb and see if its hot under full load i have a small fan on my p5k premium even thou im only running 1.10 volts on it
Rich

Do you mean 1.1v FSB Term (vTT)? I think the min setting on the NB is 1.25v.

Theocnoob, the voltages I listed above are based on my BIOS setting (we have the same mobo). I didn't actually use anything to measure it.

Back