• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking 680i boards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boorishid

I have owend a striker extreme for about a year im using bios 1303 wich seems to be good i cant find a fsb whole with this bios. The rest of my system specs.

e6750
4 1gb crucial tracers pc6400 (800mhz)
3 wd digi hds 2 in raid0 1 not
1 wd raptor
msi 8800gts(92)
antec 900

Anyways i use to have this crapy water cooling kit by vantec my cpu nb and sb was on the loop. Well it **** out now im on air wating for some more parts in the mail currently i have

xigmatek s1238 with a 2200 rpm 120 on it
nb and sb have an enzotek slf 1
mosfets stock heatsinks with the pipes not attatched.
all the antecs fans are on hi and i have a delta 127mm-38mm mounted on the side wich blows 190cfm.

Currently my nb is running pretty hot 57c at 1.25v and 75c at 1.5v. On monday im getting an ThermalRight-hr05 and fan and new passive mosfet sinks by enzotek designed for 680i boards.

Ok that is my set up, with diffrent bios rev and diffrent cooling solutions i just cant my board stable over an 1800/450 fsb. Im not always able to get it to 1800/450 either. Ive seen some people on the asus forums claimging to get over a 500fsb with stock cooling by setting all kinds of crazy voltages higher like there SB and there DDR ref controller voltage and the 1.2ht volt. Basically the only voltages i mess with are the cpu and nb. Is there something im doing wrong can anyone help me out with tips for oc'ing a 680i? Ive read the nvidia guide but its not very technical and doesnt mention uping anything but cpu voltages.

I really want to hit 4ghz or at least 3,9 as a daily oc. I can push everything stable at 3.4 1700mhz fsb with the ram cpu and nb undervolted. Also for stability i orthos for about 10 hrs and leave winamp running do a few 3dmark benches all at the same time, ive noticed if i dont go to these extremes my games will start to crash after hours of play. Nothing is more annoying than playing AOE2 for like 4 hrs just for your **** to lock up and take down the whole lan game.

oh ya i forgot to mention that my cpu and ram arent a factor here ive been running the ram unlinked near 800mhz and if its not stable i try running it at a 1:1 ration by setting its freq to half of the fsb effective freq. And i have my cpu multiplier set down to 6. Im mainly just trying to OC this boards fsb at the moment if i need better cpu cooling to hit a 3.9/4ghz oc ill jump that hurtle when i come to it.

Back