• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP ME I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

computr=peasent

Registered

i have a gateway 500s the pinta case model and i just noticed that one of the USB ports on the mother board on the back of the case that the bottom one farthest to the right that the prongs are all the the back and the black plastic thing that hold the prongs on place went missing. what should i do all suggestions will be most appreciated!!!
the computer looks like the icon underneath my user name.
it has an intel el paso2 board if that helps with a 2.0 GHZ processor if that helps to

Not much you can do besides not use the port. Does the one beside it still work?

i have a gateway 500s the pinta case model and i just noticed that one of the USB ports on the mother board on the back of the case that the bottom one farthest to the right that the prongs are all the the back and the black plastic thing that hold the prongs on place went missing. what should i do all suggestions will be most appreciated!!!
the computer looks like the icon underneath my user name.
it has an intel el paso2 board if that helps with a 2.0 GHZ processor if that helps to

use another usb port? Not entirely sure what your problem is here...

Are you saying that the plastic inside of the socket broke off and instead of having the prongs mounted in plastic they are just hanging in the open?

If that is what it is there is not much you can do about it.

i did not know what to do... i wanted advice i guess... the one beside it does not work... but the one that is missing the black plastic thing all the prongs are pushed towards the back... should i try to pull them out or leave them

it might be better to just buy an add-on card with some usb 2.0 ports on it.....and if you need more link an external base to the card you add.

Back