• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

chassis intrusion error on first build with p5q pro help!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Burninate35

I think the problem might be because I unplugged the jumper and foregot to put it back on before booting the first time. I feel that I may have to reset my bios. how do I do that?

I am using a jumper to bypass the feature. I get normal stuff like express gate not installed, not hdd detected. all this is fine because I did not install express gate and I did not put my hdd in because i was testing to make sure all is well before I put more parts in it.

after the normal stuff it says fatal error, and then something like chassis intrusion

What is going on?

can i disable the feature in bios?

do I need to update my bios?

Last edited:
never mind people. haha. I just reset my bios and all is well. I successfully built my first real computer. Im so happy lol.

now all i need to do is put in my hdd and my optical drive and then all the software and I can play far cry 2... and bioshock, and crysis, and hl2 ep2, and tf2, and ............

What chip are you running in there? The P5Q Pro overclocks pretty well and you should definitely check out Ket's modded BIOS collection over @ XS. The 703m or 1406m are currently the best two for the P5Q Pro depending on what chip you have in there.

im gonna stick stock untill I need to oc. currently my pc should run every game in existence, (except flight sims which I do not play) at highest settings at my native res of 1280 x1024. (im also in dx9) being my first gaming computer I do not want to mess it up. I do not know enough as of now to start messing arround lol.

but i will check that out when I need to oc. thanks

Back