• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raid disappeared

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tigos

Hello,
I've just got a big problem my system RAID1 disk after a reboot, it's just disappeared.
I'm using ICH9R Matrix RAID and it just say that my disks are "Non-RAID Disk" and in the configuration there are no longer a RAID Volume.

Is there some way to get the system to boot from it again?

Yea, it's still set to RAID.

EDIT:
Btw in worse case is there some way to read the data of the disk(s) in Windows or Linux so I can copy it?

Sounds like you need to re-visit Ctrl+I and see what it says in there... chances are your board has had a fright or something and the settings got screwed... you (hopefully) should be able to return them to the way they were.

Irrespective... Raid1 is simply put, two drives that image each other, so even if they are being seen as 'non-raid' drives, you should be able to put one in another system and recover all the data, etc.

Thanks,
I've looked inside ctrl+i and there it just say I doesn't have any RAID volume and no option to rebuild the old one. (menu options: 1. Create RAID Volume 2. Delete RAID Volume 3. Reset Disks to Non-RAID 4. Exit)

I've also tried to put one of the drives inside another system (vista) and it's just detecting the drive as a "RAW" volume.

System:
Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS4
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz
2x Gigabyte Radeon HD4850
2x Corsair XMS2 2GB DDR2
2x Western Digital WD5000AACS 16MB 500GB(RAID1)
Corsair CMPSU-1000HX

Okay...

First off... I would be removing one drive to another PC and having a look at it... hopefully backing all the important stuff up from it.

If you can't see any data (with it in the other PC) then I would try the 2nd drive and if it's the same, d/l the trial of Active Undelete and see what you can recover from either.

Having done that, then try putting both back and simply setting them up as Raid1 again... it may just work, although IIRC, drives that have been set up in a raid array hold that info and as soon as you look at them in Ctrl+I again, they tell you what they should be.

Hopefully that is some way to recovering your stuff.

after running Active Undelete for a few hour I have finally all my data backup.
I'm just so thankful for the help from all of you. Thanks!

Awesome news mate. As said... no prob.

That software has been worth it's weight in gold so many times.

Back