• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory issue with P5E-VM HDMI??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OBLIVIONLORD

I just want to know if there is anything special in the bios to set inorder to get dual channel mode working since I have tried 3 different pair of sticks all which work on other systems and nomatter what I do, they just dont want to work in Dual channel mode. I have both yellow slots filled which in the book says it will run in dual channel mode. Im simply using just 2 sticks. No bios settings alterations either. Each pair is the same model and company of what they are.

I do have 2 pair of the same sticks which is 1gbx4 and for some reason it will recognize 3gb and 4gb but, initialy it didnt at first. After I built the system it only recognized 2gb which are only in channel A then out of nowhere without anything that I did, it recognized the other 2gb that were plugged in the other channel.

Im thinking there is somthing wrong with the board and since its still under the return policy with newegg then I want to take advantage of it fast.

What does CPU-Z say on the memory tab? It should say what channel operation they're in. Have you tried updating the BIOS? Tried running them in the black slots?

Yep did all that.. It came with 0604 which is the latest and did both in the black slots still nothing. CPU-Z says single channel.

Yup, I've build rigs with three of those motherboards with three different brands of RAM and that never happened. There are no special settings in BIOS for that, the same as any other motherboard.

yea i figured that which tottaly boggled me. I never had to RMA a single board in my life. This will be the first that i will have to do after received.

Back