• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what mobo???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

steveg123

Registered
okay so i have a desktop phenom based system at the mo but i wanna swap that for a q660 and mobo.the reason i am starting this thread is because i when i get the q660 i want to oc it and i know that alot of these cpu coolers are very wide and sometimes cover some of the ram modules so basically i wanted to see if anyone can tell of a mobo thats got some distance between the cpu slot and the modules so the cpu cooler wont get in the way of them and also it needs to be a good mobo for overclocking.:santa:

budget is about 60-100 but that pushing it really.

definately wanna stick to ddr2.

cheers.

how much have you seen them for? looked at one on ebay and its £145 which is way over budget,im sure its a great board but i cant afford that

seems likea good mobo BUT....a review said you might have problems with tower coolers getting in the way of the mobo cpu fan.

okay i done to a few choices:-

Gigabyte S775 Intel P45 DDR2 ATX Audio Lan 6SATA11

GA-EP45-DS3L

okay i done to a few choices:-

Gigabyte S775 Intel P45 DDR2 ATX Audio Lan 6SATA11

GA-EP45-DS3L
not sure if you ment to include others your choosing from or not. if your going to keep the mobo for a while look at P4x based board because of PCIE 2.0 support. P4x does oc 45nm quads better then P3x if you choose to keep the rig for a while.

mmm tasty spam
no dought, fried or plain?

Back