• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Biostar TPower I45@600MHz FSB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woomack

Benching Team Leader
Finally after 2 weeks I stabilized my pc enough to use it all the time on 600MHz FSB :D

config:
Biostar TPower I45@600MHz FSB ( +0,5V NB, +0,45VFSB, stock air cooling )
E8500 C0 1,42-1,47V ( except ln2 tests when was max 2,2V :p )
2x1GB Cellshock PC8000, 2x1GB GoodRAM PC8500 @600MHz 2,27V ( don't want to set too high voltage for longer work because last set burned and I can have problem with RMA now, both sets have max 2,3V on label )
Chieftec 750W PSU
GTX 260 core 216 with modded bios
2x 76GB Raptor raid 0, WDC RE 200GB+160GB

It's much easier to stabilize 2x1GB RAM but now 4GB is a must while using Vista or playing new games so I had to set it ( 4x 1GB ):

I know it's not 12h prime like most here like to see but on that settings I passed Fallout 3 and was stable enough to run SETI on cpu + F@H on gpu for some hours with 100% load. Passed memtest too.

Max FSB after boot 630MHz
438164.png

I'm not using software to change settings under windows because all programs that I used hang up system ( including biostar soft ).
It's not max FSB of this board. I'm just limited because of memory.
Other reason that I made this thread is that many people ask for good P45 board for overclocking that is not expensive.
( I know that it's easy to find screenshots on 700MHz+ FSB for this board but on 1 memory, under ln2, only to make spi 1m or cpu-z validation and not many people made it just send the same links on all forums ;) )

Very sweet OC. Great job.

Hey can you PM me your O.N.E bios setting, I'd like to see what I can do to push mine a bit further.

Very impressive... I'm especially impressed by the fact you're running 4 x 1GB of dissimilar RAM at 1200 MHz 5-5-5-15. Can you post a BIOS template showing all of your current voltages and timings at 4.2 GHz / 1200 MHz?

nice job woomack!! :beer:
Very sweet OC. Great job.

Hey can you PM me your O.N.E bios setting, I'd like to see what I can do to push mine a bit further.
Very impressive... I'm especially impressed by the fact you're running 4 x 1GB of dissimilar RAM at 1200 MHz 5-5-5-15. Can you post a BIOS template showing all of your current voltages and timings at 4.2 GHz / 1200 MHz?
Thanks all :beer:
I have no idea how to post template but I know how to use camera so I took some pictures...

was really hard to set these rams and timings look a bit weird but all is working ...
Vdrop on cpu is about 0,05V so under load its ~1,4-1,42V. On other board this cpu was making 4,2GHz on ~1,37V but on Biostar voltage steps are too big.

4.2GHz on stock cooling... what are your temps?
Stock cooling is on chipset not cpu. On cpu is some old waterblock that is only for some time and I think I will back to Thermalright 120U because temps are almost the same and my pump works a bit too loud. Idle is ~30*C , under load I don't know exactly but under 70*C all depends if I use gfx or not.

something fresh ;)
the same memory/chipset settings and voltages

nice woomak! im hopin to get my quad back up and going around 500fsb for day to day and 520 for benching i have been there but at high performance levels. only i see diff in your settings to mine is the cpu clock skew and your rcomp config. i used comp1 mayb comp2 will help me as well. i have my cpu clock skew on auto, do u think 200 will b good for a quad or will i need more/less? i have never played with skew settings so i am cluesless. :shrug:

nice woomak! im hopin to get my quad back up and going around 500fsb for day to day and 520 for benching i have been there but at high performance levels. only i see diff in your settings to mine is the cpu clock skew and your rcomp config. i used comp1 mayb comp2 will help me as well. i have my cpu clock skew on auto, do u think 200 will b good for a quad or will i need more/less? i have never played with skew settings so i am cluesless. :shrug:

I have no idea how this board works with quads but best settings for any ram is comp2 or 4 ( for me best was comp2 with 4 sticks and comp4 with 2 ).
Clock skew is working best on 100->300 on all other I had problems with stability and I saw that all who overclock on this board use 200 too. All settings that I have on auto were unstable while setting manual. I was playing some with GTL but it made no difference or even worse results so it's standard.

yeah i have had this board with a quad and had some sucess but had to run crazy high performance levels to get anywhere. im hopin i can kick em down this time. i guess 200 clock skew is the way to go. i just retimmed the board tonight and imma try and get it up and running tonight if i can stay up that late. hopefully this weekend ill have the time to start pushing this board and try to get some benches out! i see your running raid were you able to find the drivers anywhere where you didnt have to make a floppy? i want to incorporate them onto my xp disc cause i dont have a floppy.

yeah i have had this board with a quad and had some sucess but had to run crazy high performance levels to get anywhere. im hopin i can kick em down this time. i guess 200 clock skew is the way to go. i just retimmed the board tonight and imma try and get it up and running tonight if i can stay up that late. hopefully this weekend ill have the time to start pushing this board and try to get some benches out! i see your running raid were you able to find the drivers anywhere where you didnt have to make a floppy? i want to incorporate them onto my xp disc cause i dont have a floppy.
On this board I had raid only on vista and all was working without aditional drivers. Used win xp for other tests like 3DM01se but it was on LN2 and single hdd.
This board is setting auto PL9 on 550+ FSB ... at least for dual core. Many quads just wont run above 550MHz so even stable 500MHz is good. New chips are better but older were stopping often on ~500-510MHz ( at least on air or water ).

Nice overclock... the first 600fsb+ I think I've seen using 4 sticks!

yeah the best i got into windows was at 534x8 and that was only long enough to get a cpuz validation. i got the biostar all ready to go just have to get windows goin hoping to get that all done at work tonight. and congrats on the awesome fsb!

yeah the best i got into windows was at 534x8 and that was only long enough to get a cpuz validation. i got the biostar all ready to go just have to get windows goin hoping to get that all done at work tonight. and congrats on the awesome fsb!
Thanks ... I think that's max FSB on PL9 for me , yesterday I was checking other settings and had to change to PL10 on 610FSB but then I have to change vcore too and memory voltage that makes too big temperature difference to make it stable.
I found somewhere info that MCH GTL is working on 0.56 or 0.59 for dual cores. For me 0.56 is working good so far.
But funny thing ... option to change pcie to 1x16 disapeared from bios ... now I have only auto and disabled. Even when all is set on jumpers sometimes board run on pcie 8x for single gfx.

well thats weird i havent run into that problem yet. course i havent pay attention to the option in bios to tell you the truth. i got the board up and running yesterday. so hopefully i can get to playing with it tonight.

helo my english is not so good but i hope that you understand me, i have see here this mbo biostar, i have that board and planty problems with her.
in the first place i will tell you what i have: mb- biostar t-power i45
cpu- e8600
4x1 gb ocz reper pc2 9200
pxu 600w ocz steth
and now is problem i cant go with fsb much out of 520fsb x 8 now its working with this configuration past occt 2.0.0 a.
i will be very hapy if somwhone can tell what i have to do to set my 4 x 1 gb at ratio 1:1 , with fsb 600 x 7.
can i do that i have ocz vendeta 2 cpu cooler , thermaltake armor bw8000 very mach coolers in case i think that is a posibl to do 600 fsb , but i see here nobady has try with 4 sticks of 1 gb to deficult for me im traying 3 days to to do that but inposible for me , i need help and suggestions pleas if can sombady help me it vill be very nice to give me bios setup with timings, voltage........ thanks
i hope that will help me somebady

no caligula was referring to a benchmark and was talking to the op(woomack) spi is just a benchmark to see how fast your computer can do calculations of pi.

helo my english is not so good but i hope that you understand me, i have see here this mbo biostar, i have that board and planty problems with her.
in the first place i will tell you what i have: mb- biostar t-power i45
cpu- e8600
4x1 gb ocz reper pc2 9200
pxu 600w ocz steth
and now is problem i cant go with fsb much out of 520fsb x 8 now its working with this configuration past occt 2.0.0 a.
i will be very hapy if somwhone can tell what i have to do to set my 4 x 1 gb at ratio 1:1 , with fsb 600 x 7.
can i do that i have ocz vendeta 2 cpu cooler , thermaltake armor bw8000 very mach coolers in case i think that is a posibl to do 600 fsb , but i see here nobady has try with 4 sticks of 1 gb to deficult for me im traying 3 days to to do that but inposible for me , i need help and suggestions pleas if can sombady help me it vill be very nice to give me bios setup with timings, voltage........ thanks
i hope that will help me somebady

Settings for 600+FSB you have in screenshots that I added in this topic but all depends from your memory if you can set it or not. I was checking settings for some days to make it stable. Simply you have to try it by yourself. Other settings works for 550+ FSB on dual cores for sure.

Excellent.. run some SPi times on that bad boy...
I can't find any 4x1GB scores ...
spi 1m - 8.3s - E8500@5734MHz LN2
LN2
unoptimized system

spi 1m - 10.8s - X3360@4341MHz H2O

For other you can browse my hwbot profile as I still make benchmarks on this board.

Max FSB for quads was ~520MHz , anything above was crashing no matter what I set. ( tested with X3360 and QX6850 )
Max FSB with quad core and hwbot #1 on X3360 521MHz

Back