• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte EP35-DS3L

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TomY

I have a problem, probably familiar to you and new and unkown to me...
I bought EP35-DS3L MB, E7200 CPU, 4 sticks of RAM Kingmax 1GB 800 Mhz CAS 5-5-5 CL5 1,8V, Gainward 9800 GT Golden Sample with 1GB of DDR3 ram and Chieftec 450w PSU.... The problem is that OS works stable with 2 sticks of RAM, and reports BSOD with 3 or 4 after few minutes of playing games :( .... I opened dmp file with Windows Debugger tool and it says that my integrated Realtek HD sound card caused the problem... I disabled it and removed driver... Problem is still here, but it reports some other file to be the problem... I've read something about memory timing, I tried to manually set it, but problem is still here... I flashed my BIOS to F5, and brought settings back to auto in BIOS... The problem is still here... It's pi**** me off...
PLEASE HELP, I'll appritiate it....

Manually set the four primary RAM timings to 5-5-5-15 ((CAS Latency Time, Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay, Dram RAS# Precharge Delay, and Precharge Delay (tRAS)), and leave all of the sub-timings on AUTO. Increase vNB by changing the MCH OverVoltage Control option from AUTO to +0.1V, and temporarily leave the Vdimm at 1.8v. Next run Memtest86+ w/ all 4 sticks installed... and if it fails, then increase Vdimm (DDR2 OverVoltage Control) to +0.1V (1.9v) and rerun Memtest. You might also want to post all of your current BIOS settings using this template...

Code:
Robust Graphics Booster:
CPU Clock Ratio: 
CPU Host Clock Control:
CPU Host Frequency (MHz): 
PCI Express Frequency (Mhz):
C.I.A. 2:
System Memory Multiplier (SPD):
DRAM Timing Selectable:
Performance Enhance:

CAS Latency Time:
Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay:
Dram RAS# Precharge Delay:
Precharge Delay (tRAS):
ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD):
Rank Write to READ Delay:
Write to Precharge Delay:
Refresh to ACT Delay:
Read to Precharge Delay:
Static tRead Value:
Static tRead Phase Adjust:

System Voltage Control:
DDR2 OverVoltage Control: 
PCI-E OverVoltage Control: 
FSB OverVoltage Control: 
(G)MCH OverVoltage Control: 
CPU Voltage Control:

First, try memtest with each single stick of ram to see if you have bad ram. If that's not it...

Well I would say your Chieftec (wth is that) brand PSU is limiting your abilities to run more than two sticks of ram.

No-name PSUs are definitely something to stay away from and can be the biggest limiting factor when putting together a PC...even though most people don't seem to be aware of it. Weak 12v rails (though yours is SLI certified, meaning the PCI-E rail is separate from the others) can cause this issue when running 4 sticks of ram + a video card requiring at least 24A on the 12v rails when you have 2 with 14A and 15A each.

Stupid question, but do you happen to have either a weaker (no PCI-E 6 pin connector needed) video card or even another 500W+ PSU handy? Try that. If the problem still happens with a much weaker video card, then its a ram stick or bad ram slots on the mobo.

Thank you redduc, that solved my problem.... Everything seems to be working fine for now... d3v0, I tried with my friends 750w Thermaltake PSU, and I had that problem... I think my PSU is strong enough for my PC, I don't have any problem at full load in games or in windows...

Alright sounds good :)

500w should of course be plenty for that rig, but since its not a name brand I wanted to make sure it wasn't the problem. Good call trying the thermaltake :)

Back