• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Failing motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cant.Touch.This

Well I just took me about 2 hours to even get a boot screen, I thought it wouldn't get to my desktop by tonight.
So my motherboard for the past for days has been giving me these screens, I've been able to get around it until tonight.
28bdc45e.jpg

58059acd.jpg

Those are just some of the screens I got. I basically had every error post code the board could print out, ones that I couldn't even find in the manual (i.e. 0D). I've got around the bootblock as well, but I don't know if for certain.
I really can't determine what's wrong with my system right now, I've turned back all overclocked settings to default and had to take 2 out of 4GB out of my board to have it just post succesfully. In addition to having to play around with the HDD boot priority which I had to bring a secondary drive to the top instead of my drive that has the OS in it (now that I look through my second drive, there's a file in it called BOOTSECT.BAK; I'm using Vista Ultimate by the way).
Whenever I just had my main drive (with the OS) connected, it would ask for the operating system CD. And with all drives connected back in, it would just just post then run to a screen where there's a blinking underscore to no end.

I'll be happy to provide more specifications and information if needed. Help is greatly appreciated at this moment, thank you.

UPDATE: Okay, I'm able to boot with 3GB of RAM but not all 4GB, it'll give me a (29) post error code. I tried both sticks, they both work fine.

UPDATE2: I put back the 4th stick and it gave me the bootblock screen again, saying there's a keyboard error and failing to detect drive A, samething as the picture above.

Last edited:
What are your BIOS settings?

Was it working previously?

I don't see any error screens in your post.

It's been working perfect like about 2-3 weeks I'd say. I've only managed to take those 2 shots. Most of the errors were displayed on the LED on the board itself though, had a whole range of errors.

The BIOS settings I set back to default with the exception of recommended voltages for RAM.

Have you tried clearing CMOS?

I don't think this is a CMOS error, but despict that I did try to clear it via internal jumper and external switch. No help, I'm gonna keep my system on for now as I'm not certain I'll be able to reach my desktop again.

I see the pics now...WOW!

It does appear your board may be on the fritz. Have you inspected it well to see if anything looks bad on it?

Do you have access to any other hardware you might be able to test components on to determine if it is the mob for sure?

You might want to give Abit a call, and see if they can help. If not they'll probably get you an RMA.

I took out the board earlier (since it was just going to give me the bootblock screen again, I thought why not) to see if anything was physically damaged to my eye, but nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Unfortunately I don't have spare parts to swap out to eliminate what could be the problem.

EDIT: About a few hours ago, I did some quick research I found out some sticks require 2.25V - 2.3V.. so I bumped it up from the recommended stock voltage of 2.1V to 2.2V and well now it can read all 4GBs of RAM at least.

I had to bump this post back up because I'm getting the errors again after I thought I had solved the problem. Now there's just no display at all, it's stuck on one post error code: 0d, which I could not find at all in the manual.

I'm at school right now and did some searching around, and my assumption right now is that the BIOS chip is corrupted or going bad. Is there any advice on what steps I should take to troubleshooting the problem?

I'm probably going to try removing peripherals and devices I don't need to see if it'll boot up with the bare essentials when I get home.

Sucks to have a problem right now as I need it to work by Wednesday.

EDIT: I was able to isolate the problem to my RAM, it seems as if everytime I put 4GB in all at the same time, it just won't post to the boot screen. None of the sticks are bad, I alternated each pair in and out... each of them work fine. I even gave it a little more voltage at BIOS to make sure it wasn't insufficient voltage problems. Is this a known problem with the IP35 PRO or just my problem?

Last edited:
Did you try bumping the NB voltage as well w/ 4 sticks?

Yeah, I actually did right afterwards. It seems to be running fine again (for now)... but that's what I said last time.

also, what BIOS version are you running?

Still using the original BIOS v.10, which I actually should get to flashing this coming holiday. I've mentioned this many times in my past posts but I guess this would teach me to not to procrastinate any longer.

P.S. - I wonder if the people that have the same RAM as me that bought it about a year ago and again around now noticed the circuit board is a different color (black then green), just something I took noticed after I was staring at it for so long.

Back