• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS RAMPAGE FORMULA - SATA DRIVERS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Any reason to not use Windows XP over Vista? (or vice versa).

only reason i went to vista was because i supports more than 2 gpus in xfire. although vista 64 is nice once you get used to it.

I don't use XP-64 due to it not being well supported. I use XP-32, and Visat-64 in dual-boot. I use V-64 for DX10 games, and XP-32 for DX9 games. I've started to use Vista more for day-to-day tasks, but there are still bugs/issues that make me want to keep XP-32 on my system.

i also do the dual boot with xp32 mostly for running benches though. it works great. i prefer faster boots and having to choose obviously slows the process a bit but its fine besides that.

Does it work out for you?

I wouldn't have it any other way. Eventually I'll probably migrate to Vista-64 exclusively.

i also do the dual boot with xp32 mostly for running benches though. it works great. i prefer faster boots and having to choose obviously slows the process a bit but its fine besides that.

You can use EasyBCD in Vista to adjust the default OS, and the wait time. I have mine set to 2sec, so it doesn't slow boot time that much. I just have to be quick if i want to boot to the non-default OS.

Back