• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E0 stepping E8500 new build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

g113385

Registered
I have the Asus P5Q-deluxe and E8500 with the E0 stepping, well someone stated that i had to flash the bios with a C0 stepping processor first, instead of with the 8500, is this true? and if it is why isent there a warning or something?

No it should work fine. My P5B worked with an E0 stepping and yours is newer.

ok, redduc, how would i go about finding out if i have that lol? is it located somewhere on the MB?

uhh i purchased it on monday or tuesday, and will xp only recognize 3 of my 4 gigs? should i just go ahead and grab vista?

ok cool its got 1.03g which im assuming is 1003 correct? so does this mean i dont have to flash, or should i still do it, im glad i dont have to go through that mess with switching processors

1.03g is the board revision, and not the BIOS revision. You really should be OK by installing the E0, as I doubt very much it came w/ such an old BIOS rev. that it wouldn't support the E0. And if you want to be able to utilize all 4GB of your RAM, then you'll need a 64-bit OS (irregardless of whether it's XP or Vista).

I don't wanna be Mr Smartpants here but although my Abit IP35 Pro recognized the E0 revision of E8400 I had some weird issues with it like: lack of SSE4, lack of Virtualization, lack of Enhanced SpeedStep and messed up temperatures. Only the latest beta BIOS sent by customer support fixed all that. Oh and one more thing the original BIOS in my motherboeard was 1 year old. I guess all that mentioned above may also apply to Your Asus. So don't hesitate and upgrade Your BIOS.

if you go to your bios you should be able to see the bios revision listed somewhere if i remember correctly or fire up cpuz and it will tell you under mainboard tab

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 528
ok well i went ahead and flashed to the latest version with an e6600, the build and everything went perfect, no issues at all, booted up first try, still waiting for vista home prem. 64bit to come in wed so, but all seems good. thanks for everyones advice

Back