• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New build, already having installation problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bageland2000

So I finally got all my components but im not even able to install them. I have a gigabyte full tower case and I'm trying to install a maximus exreme mobo in it. I finally got it installed but I cant connect the sata cords! it has the ports on the side of the board and they are right up against HHD Rack! who knew I'd have space issues in a FULL tower case. Any suggestions? I cant remove the rack because it's bolted to the case. I've considered getting angled sata cables but i dont even think those will fit. any ideas?!:bang head:bang head:bang head

If you can't move the HDD rack, and the 45 degree SATA cables won't fit, then there's only 2 options left open to you:

1) Get rid of that case and use a different case

2) Go caseless.

Not much else you can do i'm afraid :-/

Or if you arent going to use all of the hdd rack, notch it out where you need the SATA cables to go to give you the clearance.

+1 for just notch out the hdd rack a bit, or cut it all out and and fab a new smaller one in there. good luck

All case manufactuers listen up.

We need wide cases that fit the new long VGA cards and the boards with SATA ports at the edge of the board.

Got it?

ok, when to local comp store. 90 deg cables would have wortked...If they were key the right way! oh well. I think I can cut a piece out and make it work, dont have a dremel, ill make it happen. Hope I dont run into more problems....thanks

Ok got the piece out and got my computer up and running. I have to buy an sata dvd drive now because I couldnt cut a hole wide enough for the IDE port without ruining the rack completely. Oh well. Now I cant install windows on the 1TB so Im running off my 160GB with whatever I can get off the internet currently

Back