• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5B-Dlx: Can't adjust vCore (e7200)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SolidxSnake

So.. just bought myself a new processor, a delidded E7200 from ghost_recon88 in the classies. Upgraded from a Pentium D 940...

Popped it in and eventually got my rig up and running. Works great and runs fairly cool. Running 4GHz atm :D

However, I cannot adjust vCore at all. I have updated the BIOS to the latest version (1236), stepped it back a few versions and no luck at all. I assume the board is just too old for this proc, but maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I've seen the problem come up from searching google but no fixes, and searching on OCF has brought up nothing for me.

I talked to you about this already.

Kick it a couple of times and reboot.

Most recent BIOS for my vanilla P5B is 18xx by the way.

Rebooting has done nothing, I rebooted around 5-6 times and it still only gave me "auto" as an option.

I'm having a slightly bigger issue right now... I had it running fine and I changed one setting, wouldn't POST even after several reboots. Pulled the CMOS jumper and the rig turned on the second the jumper was pulled off =_=.... here's to hoping that didn't clear the BIOS off the board.

edit: Turned it on with no DIMMs in, gave me the "No RAM" Beep code, popped in one DIMM and it fired right up.

Last edited:
So when you highlight the Vcore option in the BIOS, and either hit ENTER or use the + / - keys on the numpad... nothing happens? Or it changes, but when you save and exit the option changes back to AUTO?

So when you highlight the Vcore option in the BIOS, and either hit ENTER or use the + / - keys on the numpad... nothing happens? Or it changes, but when you save and exit the option changes back to AUTO?

+/- does nothing. If I hit enter, a box pops up (like one that would have a list of the voltages) but the only option is [AUTO]. If I clear CMOS (which I've done FAR too much over the past hour or so... =_=) I get a full list of voltages, but after a reboot it goes back to [AUTO].

+/- does nothing. If I hit enter, a box pops up (like one that would have a list of the voltages) but the only option is [AUTO]. If I clear CMOS (which I've done FAR too much over the past hour or so... =_=) I get a full list of voltages, but after a reboot it goes back to [AUTO].

After that happens my settings stick after 1 or 2 reboots. :-/

ASUS Tech Support said:
Dear Sir/Madam

Try setting "AI Tuning" from Auto to manual to give you the ability to change the option.

Best Regards,

:bang head

Back