• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5q pro, ICH10R Raid and Vista 64bit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cutler

Registered
Hey guys, very frustrating problem here. I'm trying to install vista64 ultimate on my Raid0 array, but the driver (both the one from the CD and asus' website) are unsigned, and thus Vista64bit won't let me use the driver and I can't install windows. There's got to be a way around this, maybe someone has found a signed driver but I've been unable to find one myself. I could install windows on my mass storage drive, but I'd much rather have the windows installation on the Raid0 array..

ARGH!!!

Alright, I got those files extracted and everything, loaded onto my flash drive, but the same problem occurs. I get an error every time I try to load the Raid driver stating that the driver is unsigned. I'm sure I could install 32bit on the volume, but I've grown used to fully using my 4g...

The thing is, those drivers are signed... so you've got something else going on. List your system spec's in detail, and how you have the HDD's connected to the ICH10R controller. And if you have the ACHI option enabled in the BIOS (ACHI + RAID), disable it prior to the install.

Ok here are my specs:

Asus P5q Pro
e8400 C2D
2x 2g gskill pc800
2x 80gb seagate barracuda's
1x 500gb seagate barracuda
ATI hd4850 512mb
Corsair 550w psu

The HD's (0,1) are connected to 0 and 1 on the Mainboard
The RAID seems to be configuring correctly, but I may be wrong. I'll look it over and get back.

Well, I got it working. I re-did my array and windows is now installing fine. Hell if I know why, but re-formatting the disks separately, then again as a complete array fixed it. Anyway, thanks for your help guys.

The disk I have is SP1, and that's correct, I didn't need to even load the driver. Unfortunatly, my problem was related to the actual array... Even so, I'm now typing this on said PC.

Back