• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem starting up comp after installing Nvidia drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

J-honson

so i have 780i mobo with a 9800gtx+ running on 64 vista enterprise. i installed few drivers, including the graphics driver (which i beleve included a new bios system)

when i try to restart, it says my computer wasnt shut down successfully and asks if i want to start windows in normal or safe mode. I tried both modes but after i hit enter, vista loads up for about 2 seconds, my screen flashes blue really quick, and it restarts.....

any help?

Why are you running the Enterprise version of Vista x64? Try a System Restore from Safe Mode, or if you can't get into Safe Mode then follow the instructions here...

... under If Your System Won't Boot
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/using-windows-vista-system-restore/

Prior to installing the newest nVidia driverset, what other drivers did you install, and did you reboot after each? And which version of drivers did you install?

Back