• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5Q Pro- Mouse Quits Working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ERAUGrad04

Registered
A wierd problem has shown up a few times now and I am not sure what is going on. I have a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard/Mouse hooked up to the computer and when I wake up the computer, the mouse will initially work, usually just long enough to wake up the computer, and then it will freeze up. The computer is still alive and well, and I am able to navigate using the keyboard, but a reboot is required to get it working again. The wireless antenna, up to now, had been connected to the computer using the two indiviual connectors, the green keyboard and purple mouse connectors. On the last freeze up, I diconnected the mouse and keyboard and reconnected them via usb, and the mouse is now working.

I am wondering if the MOBO is cutting out the mouse connector for some reason. The board is running a Q6600 oc'ed to 3.2. Is it possible that there is some setting I missed in the overclock that is ramping up some voltage somewhere causing it to cutout?

I would just run the connection via usb, but if memory serves me right, I will not have keyboard functionality during boot, which basically locks me out of the BIOS unless I swap connectors prior to a boot.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
ERAU

I have the P5Q Deluxe and have my mouse plugged in via USB and it works just fine in bios etc, so maybe try that.

Also check in Device Manager if running XP and under the connection for the mouse,( for usb check usb hub etc), see if the settings are for power saving for the port.

Larry

Back