• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Instant instability? Other issues as well. MSI Mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M374llic4

Registered
I just got a new rig.

E8500 Duel core
P7N MSI SLI Platinum
2 BFG 9800 GT OC's
4GB OCZ Gold
320gb 16mb SATA2.0
Thermaltake Watercooling kit.

The system seems really unstable and buggy. First and foremost I cant update my video drivers, I had to install the drivers from the disk. If I try to do the ones from the site, it gets to the point where it says "Unpacking contents" I believe, then just locks up.

If I attempt to do the MSIs own dynamic over clocking, as soon as I hit the button, it locks up. Even if I try the predefined gaming setting. Lock up.

Anyone have any ideas? My temps look fine. According to the MSI prog

Idle CPU : 22-23c
Playing WoW : 27-28c
System while in wow : 34c
GPU's 62c 57c

Using either CoreTemp or RealTemp, read the VID of your chip. Using a monitoring program like CPU-Z, Everest, HWMonitor, etc. check your current Vcore in Windows. The Vcore as read by software should be equal to or greater than the VID.

Using either CoreTemp or RealTemp, read the VID of your chip. Using a monitoring program like CPU-Z, Everest, HWMonitor, etc. check your current Vcore in Windows. The Vcore as read by software should be equal to or greater than the VID.

VID according to coretemp is 1.100v I assume "Core Voltage" is what it is? In CPUID it says 1.080v

According to CPUID My motherboard is a 650i, it should be a 750i though D : . Should be 800mhz ram, says 400mhz

In the BIOS disable SpeedStep (EIST) and C1E, then re-read the VID in CoreTemp. Either that or use Prime to load the chip and re-read the VID. Then run CPUID (HWMonitor) to check your current Vcore - VID and Vcore are two different things. What's the Vcore set to in the BIOS, and what's the current Vcore reading in the Hardware Monitor section of the BIOS?

Back