• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i need to power some chipset fans 10' from my pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

groovewerx

Registered
i have to install some pc fans in my rackmount soundcard and i have no way to power them. is there a way make the fans run on 110? perhaps you know of a 19" wide rack mountable psu or power strip with the low voltage outlets...help

Just wondering how close the fans would be to the actual circuits. An AC fan might introduce a 60 Hertz hum into the soundcard. You could also get a AC to DC regulated wall mount power supply(wall wart) to power a brushless twelve volt fan. This will minimize the chances of introducing extraneous noise.

Mike

perhaps i should mention the soundcard is a 1U x 19" rack unit. i can only fit 40mm fans on its face for intake and any size up to 120mm in its top for exhaust.

the fans can be mounted away from any circuits but if i want to use them to cool the factory hs inside the unit, they would be near circuits.

ElectroSeller.com Sells Slimline PSUs at 200W or 300W.

But as for me, I was frustrated with how dim my blacklight was so I soldered a molex connection onto a AC-500ma DC convertor plug that used to power a hub. Now my blacklight is blindingly bright! (luckily my case window has a UV treating so it doesn't give me a migrane).
You could try it with a much lower output transformer, but a second PSU would be safer.:rolleyes:

Back