• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5Q3 Deluxe WiFi DDR3 Memory @ 1600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaveB

In case anyone is having issues with their Asus P5Q3 Deluxe, I found after going through several types of RAM that OCZ Titanium OCZ3T1600M2GK at the stated 7-6-6-6 timings at 800 MHz (DDR3-1600). It's been running 4 instances of SP2004 for the last hour or so with the Q6600 set at 8 x 400 MHz and the OCZ @ 800 MHz.

Interesting. I guess I got lucky with my Gskill 1600 and Gigabyte x48 right off the bat. What other memory(freq. and timings) did you try?

Yea, I've been using the 2x2GB set of GSkilll 1600 7-7-7-18. One stick fried due to an unfortunate accident involving my GFX card, so that set's being RMA'd. I picked up a 2x1GB set of the same RAM and as far as I've been able to tell, 2GB works just as well as 4GB when your up at these frequencies with such low timings. I am running Vista HP x64.

Don't see the QVL at that link. But why do I need that when I'm posting about a brand of memory that works?

A QVL? What's that?

Dave? Have you ever heard of that? lol.

Don't know about you, but I've always done alot of research on what ram runs the best in any given board and what people are getting the best overclocks and longevity out of. I can search QVL's till I'm blue in the face, and still not want to buy the crap that's on there. If on the off chance I'm the first one on the internet to buy or review a certain motherboard then I may consult a QVL.

QVL is just a reference i guess, but i think it helps.
Anyway, i have OCZ Titanium too, and it's been running 7-7-7-7 timings at 800 MHz on my P5E3 Premium and it works great too. Have you push your memory speed higher David?

GSkill worked for me... check sig...

but this board is super picky and not that great for RAM clocking...

I'm running very slack settings.

Last edited:
Back