• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 VS EX58-Extreme?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dim1014

The price difference between these two boards seems to be about 10$ and I can't find any difference between them! What is it?

haha well of course, but i would like to know what that 10 bucks is even getting me, i can't find anything!

I believe the H2O cooling is optional. Its a hybrid design...air or water. It still has a monster air-cooled HS w/ an additional PCI slot HS.

The extra PCI HS alone is worth the $10 IMO.

I just found a good pic:

gx58e15sy9.jpg

stolen from windwithme

haha I'm looking at that thread too! So the extreme has this huge addon heatsink but the P6T doesnt. I wonder if the P6T runs hotter because of it. because if they cool the same regardless, that's kind of a waste of space, no?

haha I'm looking at that thread too! So the extreme has this huge addon heatsink but the P6T doesnt. I wonder if the P6T runs hotter because of it. because if they cool the same regardless, that's kind of a waste of space, no?

correction its a coool waste of space... i mean thats gotta add at least 2 inches to your e-penis.

Its not a waste of space unless it interferes w/ your build. Plus, its removable and gives you the flexibility of air or water.

For $10, why not? If you don't like it take it to the metal scrap yard and get your money back.

*I'd still go w/ Asus, though, b/c of past experiences.

well i'm not talking about the comparison between the two gigabyte boards now. I meant as opposed to the P6T. I was asking if the P6T stays as cool as the gigabyte extreme without using up the extra PCI slot. Between the two gigabyte boards, I'd definitely choose the extreme because I agree, it's better to have it than not.

Back