• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pencil MOD (vdroop mod) @ 780i?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pedros2ngm

Registered
Well I tried doin' it, but didnt work, I might have done it wrong, should the pencil goes like your drawnin' on the resistor or should it just touch its "body"?
Its important for me because even tho the 780i is rich in overclocking options I can't stabilish it with any voltage lower than 1.4332 (or however it is) in BIOS (1.40 in Windows)

When looking at CPU-Z while idle, and then again after applying a P95 small fft load, what is the difference in the observed vcore?

That is vdroop.

The difference b/n BIOS, and CPU-Z has no bearing on anything except that you have to compensate for it. Its sometimes called vdrop.

For vdroop mods you want to pencil across the entire body while touching the metal posts. The idea is to make a new high resistance connection b/n the 2 metal parts of the resistor, and thus lower the overall resistance of the circuit.

I am dealing with this issue as well. I have massive droop and drop. When I enter 1.5 in BIOS i get about 1.42 actual. *Which is V-Drop* I also get droop while under load of about .05 which can cause a crash if I want to run tight voltages. I hate setting my BIOS to 1.6 to maintain a 1.5 voltage. I know this is an old thread but any help would be nice.

Back