• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rampage 2 in da house!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mgoode

Just got my set up:
Rampage 2
Core i7 965
3x2GB Gskill 12800

Stock cooler for now and if i ever meet the intel engineer who designed the push pins ...It 's ON!! There are so many new setting in the bios I feel like a noob trying to overclock

First 20 minutes stock then oced to 4177 .I left the mem voltage @ 1.5. Mem bandwidth is ridiculous!!! more to come

Attachments

• stock core i7.jpg
    stock core i7.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 1,586
  • core 7 4177.jpg
    core 7 4177.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 1,586
sweet action....very happy to see more benchteam guys jumping into the fray early :beer:

Holy smokes look at the latency! Fantastic job, looking forward, prolly gonna have to wait until next year tho. :bang head

Can we get a screeny of the new bios settings?

Thanks to a new bios from Ghost_Recon88 I hit 4227 on stock cooler. 4 cores 8 threads and hot!! I can't wait for the LGA1366 waterblocks to be out.

Attachments

• 4220 air.jpg
    4220 air.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 1,533
mgoode i bet you will get better results going to dual channle vs tri channle. as per brolloks results he is showing better numbers all around for ram in dual mode vs tri mode.

mgoode i bet you will get better results going to dual channle vs tri channle. as per brolloks results he is showing better numbers all around for ram in dual mode vs tri mode.

+1

I'm thinking tri-channel might not be very viable until we get some I7 revisions w/ better IMCs.

I disagree. What exactly is dual channel better in? (Other than the latency test in Everest)

I disagree. What exactly is dual channel better in? (Other than the latency test in Everest)

i would have said the same as well if i didn't see this
http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=5866762&postcount=154
wprime show increase in 1024m by using tri-mode but times the same in 32m. now superpi shows a decrease in tri-mode but im still not sure how to explain that. i mean even cinebench shows a decrease in performance from running tri. i can only assum they are using some slightly higher timings if you will for tri mode to work in the IMC. since brolloks hasnt finished his testing it would still be hard to say exactly which area's are going to take a hit from tri mode vs dual. still to me from seeing other results on tri channle, right now it is a hindrance. about the only place right now tri channle shows any advantage is in raw memory bandwidth.

I will try some dual vs tri channel wprime this weekend. So far my superpi runs are on a bloated Vista partitian with a little tweeking I am sure I can get some nice sub 10sec runs even on the stock cooler.

Nice! Can we see some temps? I will be using stock cooler untill water cooling kits come out so i need a decent OC with reasonable temps untill then.

Back