• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[EVGA 680i A1] - Upgraded CPU. LED Error Code 25.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mark_88

Registered
Hello again everyone. :)

Short story:

Upgraded CPU, error 25 on boot. Changed RAM around, double-checked PS/2 connections, swapped video card for another one, reset CMOS. No dice.

Long story:

I upgraded from an e6850 to an e8400 a few days ago and immediately after, I get LED error code 25 upon boot (Shadow system/VBIOS is what the manual says). After some googling, it turned out this could be due to a PS/2 keyboard connected to the wrong PS/2 port. This wasn't the case for me. It could also have been the memory. This made sense because a couple of times I got the long continuous beep error code, which means memory problems. I changed the memory around a bit and it seemed to work again. I got to overclocking the e8400 (4Ghz on a vCore of 1.28, wow! 12 hours stable in Orthos) and all seemed fine, 'till the next day when the computer would randomly BSOD during games, blaming the nVidia driver file nvlddmkm.sys for the crash. It did that a buch of times, so I reset every OC on my PC, thinking that was the problem. Now it won't boot, giving me the error 25. Putting in a different video card and resetting CMOS didn't help, either.

What do you think? :(

Specs:

EVGA 680i A1
Core 2 Duo E8400
EVGA 8800GT SC
4x1GB OCZ SLI-Ready PC2-8500
500GB Samsung HDD
Vista Ultimate x64

EDIT: I haven't yet gone back to the e6850 to try it because I'm on watercooling and that makes doing anything a gigantic load of work. :(

maybe put your old chip in and flash your bios wolfdales werent around when 680i came out. I have a 680i mobo and in order to run a wolfdale you have to flash to a certain bios.

Yep, that was it. I had the P32 BIOS, which, if I recall correctly, already supports Wolfdales. Anyway, I found out there was a P33 BIOS so I put my old CPU back in, flashed, put the new one back in, and now it's working just fine. Thanks for the help, sorry to not have thought of this myself! :<

Back