• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus p5q to Biostar tpower i45 upgrade oppertunity

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

geneticfreak60e

Registered
Hey guys I have a guy that wants to buy my Asus p5q mobo and I will be able to get my self a Biostar tpower i45,

Is this worth the upgrade and adding a but of extra cash for, Im not to happy with the oc Ive gotten from the p5q on my 7200 and ocz reaper 1066.

What is your opinions on the biostar tpower i45??

thanx

I would say go for it. I haven't had a lot of luck with the Asus P45 boards and the TPower is a great overclocking board.

If the monetary difference between the i45 and the p5q sale equals or exceeds the monetary worth of a potentially higher overclock to you - then go ahead.

I've been contemplating to get the i45 myself, but its only ~15€ cheaper than the DFI UT P45... not so close call, dare I say. ;)

Im just not happy with the oc from the p5q , I can sell my p5q for round R1250 and the i45 costs R1600? what kind of oc is possible on a 7200, Im at a stable 3-3.2 ghz @ 1.275V . will I be able to get higher on the i45

It supports CrossfireX, but only x8/x8.
Meaning the two cards will run in PCIe 2.0 x8 mode, which is equivalent to PCIe 1.x x16. Look at the ... wait, wasn't there a sticky with CF performance comparisons? :confused:

biostar is a great board. dont know if it will change ur ocing ability but if the difference is minimal in cost then i say go for it,

+1 for I45. Depending on HSF cooler and oc skills maybe 10-15% more. around 3.4 to 3.6

Last edited:
Back