• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-X38-DQ6 and aftermarket cooler problems.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dicko555

I have this friend who has a GA-X38-DQ6 and both the e6600 and the e8400 chips.
The problem is, he is having great difficulty fitting the e8400 stock heatsink, is this normal. He says the CPU seems to sit up a bit high and the cooler just won't lock into place.:bang head
He put the e8400 on another board he has and it went together no problems at all. :confused:
He is not looking to overclock a lot, perhaps just a little, more if he can get a better cooler to fit. He is thinking of getting a Xigmatek HDT Cooler, with push pins for a start but is concerned it won't fit either. Would he have the same problems with a bolt through kit and aftermarket cooler. I suppose what I am asking is what can he do to make the stock cooler fit for a start and will an aftermarket HDT Cooler work with push pins, and will a bolt through kit fit with this board.
I think the backplate may be his problem. Any ideas.
Thanks.:)

Last edited:
Back