• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus p5q-deluxe NIC problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

g113385

Registered
Asus p5q-deluxe Network Adapter problem

ok something very weird is going on. i have uverse max 10mbps, and when i go to speed test i get about 5.5mbps. strange thing is, my moms, dads, and other computer all get a little above 10mbps. its a new build by the way, everything else is perfect. could it be the motherboard? i updated the driver for the marvell, but problem still there, and ran the Virtual Cable Tester, and results came back, open/ broken, and location was 0m away...switched out cables and same msg comes back
E8500
asus p5q deluxe
4 gigs corsair dominators 1066
640 Sata3 WD
8800 gts 512
vista home premium 64bit

Last edited:
yeah that was the first thing i tried, no luck, also i flashed the bios to 1406 i belive, could that have something to do with it?

Yeah i dunno about that, but I have tried both, does anyone else have this problem with vista 64 and p5q? everything else is flawless, but it sucks for online gaming cause i used to get a max 15 ping, now im getting 80+, I just went ahead and ordered one off new egg, ive tried everything, also downloaded the latest drivers from Marvell. I'm not gonna send my MB back, too much of a pain to flash bios again and all that mess.

you can go to internet connections right click it go to config then advanced then full duplez 100mps hope thats clear enough for you and it helps you
Rich

Yeah unfortunately Ive done that also, its OK Ive got one coming in the mail so ill fool around with that one, i hard wired my dads laptop into my Ethernet and voila, full speed, tested my computer with many speed test online and they all point to 4-5mbps, sometimes 2-3mbps, and when i dl from say major geeks or downloads.com ill get like 80kb/s max, some sites ill get 400kbmax, and some ill get 1mb/sec, very strange.

Back