• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Brand New MB is DOA: I guess it's possible huh?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Morvak

Disabled
So my 1 year old Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R bit the dust last week when my son accidentally turned off the surge protector. Went through all the tests, to it to the local shop, swapped PSU's, the whole 9.

No biggee, I thought. So I bought the GA-EP45-DS3L from New Egg, hooked it up, still wasn't working. Took it back to the local shop and they ran a test and said it's the MB. The PSU, RAM, HDD, CPU all work.

Wow. So I guess you can buy a brand new MB and it has the probability of being DOA?

So today I bought the ASUS P5Q Pro and am returning the GA-EP45.

I've been pretty lucky with New Egg I'm just kinda in shock that the MB is DOA. I've read about it happening to other people but I guess it's now my turn huh, heheh.

ya it happens, considering how many mobo's they make it can occur just isnt something that happens alot, or newegg does what it is known for, taking open items and selling them as new.

So your old board dies? you replace the board and it still doesnt work?

haha Yeah! My son turned off the surge protector and somehow that apparently shorted out the board. Bought the new one and that's DOA apparently.

Said forget Gigabyte and got an ASUS P5Q Pro. Computer now turns on, but won't post at all and is back in the shop for more free diagnostic testing.

Back