• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

£600 system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DRaZZ

Hi guys,

First off i know this is a bit general for here but i couldnt think of anywhere else to post and the right mobo is the centre of the right system :)

Im basically in need of a more up to date system and im setting myself a budget of £600. Im thinking of a 775 dual core, with a mobo thats xfire capable. To start with i just want one card with a view to buying another at a later date. I've been away from overclocking for awhile so im not up on the latest mid range parts ect. Would it be possible to build a tower (no monitors or even a case, just the main parts) for my budget that will play crysis on max settings (ignoring AA) ? If so what parts would you recommend?

just editing as i have read up and its worth mentioning im not looking for insane resolutions just 1280 x 1024 or there about

Many thanks

DRaZZ

Last edited:
well for dual core e8400 or e8500 for board's p45's but your wont xfire later on so check to see how much of a hit you'll take not having a x38 or x48 chipset dont think it's much but the x38 and x48 chipset's cost more
Rich

thanks mate, im still gettin to grips with what xfire / sli offers, as i understand it ur guna need a serious mobo n proc to allow the bandwidth for 2 cards to be of any use, if this is the case then i may go mid range mobo and mid to high proc, with a 4870 x2, what ya think, also does any1 know a decent site in the uk ? ebuyer seems reasonable, but compared to usa prices brits r still gettin ripped off !

Back