• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RMA of Asus Striker II Formula to Newegg?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JorisS

Hi all,

recently purchased an Asus Striker II Formula off eBay, came with EK waterblocks and all. Unfortunately it's got the dreaded CPU INIT problem, so an RMA is the way to go (if any). Problem is that I'm the 2nd owner, and located in Sweden. I've filled out a form at Asus tech but got a reply that I should contact the reseller, they don't handle RMA was the answer I received.

Does anybody here know what policy Newegg has? I have a copy of the receipt, but it's ofcourse not my name and address on it... can I RMA it anyway and have it sent back to me, or will it be impossible due to shipping costs and all?

Kinda getting frustrated with a company offering 3 years of warranty, yet making it completely impossible to actually claim it...

Any ideas if I can either get a new board, or at least some of my money back? I don't want to have anything to do with the board anymore, actually, so IF I could successfully RMA it, I'd be selling the new board pronto...

Cheers,
//Joris, Sweden

I assume your ebay seller didn't offer a return policy? That sucks. You might be able to do business with NewEgg, but if all else fails -- and I assume the board was described on ebay and sold as working -- you can file SNAD (significantly not as described), and if you paid with Paypal, you should be able to get your money back. If it was sold to you as working but it doesn't work, I think you should have grounds for such a claim.

If you are able to work out something with NewEgg, you won't be able to get a refund, best you can hope for is to exchange it for a refurbished board of the same model.

Klag

Back