• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dfi x58 mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I wonder why they felt they needed the eH8? and the 2nd page is kind of corny... but I still like DFI motherboards and I hope this one ends up being a solid performer.

After my experience with the X48-T3RS, I will never buy another DFI motherboard. I would rather use an ECS freebie from Fry's because at least they do what they are supposed to!

-Collin-

I was pretty happy with the DFI BloodIron, tho the bios flash ordeal was something to be desired & the CS is rediculous :rolleyes:. However I did have good expieriences with most of their boards.

Nebulous, I had that BloodIron as well. Great board for an absolute steal. I agree.

-Collin-

Indeed. Once the board came back from RMA, it was a beast. Solid and stable without any problems. I hated parting with it. I hope this X58 will not let us down.

i must say i have never used dfi boards but i have always found them sexy! this one is very appealling to the eye guess we will see how it performs.

Those marketing materials are classic.

After my experience with the X48-T3RS, I will never buy another DFI motherboard. I would rather use an ECS freebie from Fry's because at least they do what they are supposed to!

-Collin-

What was wrong with your X48-T3RS? Did it have some common problems or was yours just bad?

Yeah my DFI UT X48-T3RS retail sample i got from DFI on current latest bios is one excellent board - only downside is i'm stuch at 500-515FSB max with dual core. It has one of the best PCI-E arrangements giving me ample room for a PCI-E raid controller.

The DFI UT X58-T3EH8 follows same PCI-E arrangment as UT X48-T3RS and I like it alot, my DFI Lanparty UT X58-T3EH8 retail sample arrived yesterday from DFI

Here's some photos to chew on while I set up my first Intel Core i7/X58 system. Full set of photos here.

That external cooler will probably be a nuisance to fit for most cases, however the motherboard looks quite decent. I love my gigabyte one though, it has a huge heatsink and is water cooled at the same time, shame my cards block off both PCI slots though as I cannot fit my X-Fi sound card in there... I am now waiting for the GTX295 to upgrade :D

Back