• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

who's to blame, Buy.com or Audiovox?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

splat

ASCII Moderator
Item in question: Audiovox Acoustic Research Pro II Series Speaker Cable (Bare wire) - PR262N
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=90130246

So, i decided to buy some speaker wire from Buy.com and it is advertised as including 8 gold plated banana plugs. I thought "awesome, i've always wanted to get some of those." My initial order gets delivered and there were no plugs. I talked to customer service and of course their first reaction was "contact the manufacturer". So I called Audiovox up and they told me that they do not package the speaker wire and plugs together and any promotion selling the two together is on the vendor's end and has nothing to do with them. So eventually Buy.com decided to send me another roll of the speaker wire, which was nice i guess, but of course it didn't include the connectors.

so it seems i'm between a rock and a hard place as neither Buy.com nor Audiovox are claiming responsibility on this. This is the first time i've had an issue with buy.com so I wouldn't necessarily say they've lost my business but I've certainly got a sour taste in my mouth.

Attachments

• 90130246.jpg
    90130246.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 176
I don't see anywhere in the link you posted as it saying that the banana plugs are included. It does state "(Bare wire)" in the Header of the page and also under features and Tech specs in the Product Name line. If anyone is to blame for the misconception, it would be Buy.com for including them in the picture posted on the page, but I don't see any mention of the plugs as coming with the wire. But hell, you got a $36 roll of wire for free out of the deal; count yourself lucky and go buy you some banana plugs elsewhere.

in the product summary, first line here:

Ribbed construction for polarity identificationIncludes eight 24k gold-plated connector pins

Features
Manufacturer Audiovox Corporation
Manufacturer Part Number PR262N
Manufacturer Website Address www.Audiovox.com
Cable Length 100ft
Product Name Acoustic Research Pro II Series Speaker Cable (Bare wire)
Product Type Audio Cable

Tech Specs
Manufacturer Audiovox Corporation
Manufacturer Part Number PR262N
# Additional Information High count roped construction
# Clearly marked for proper polarity
# Signal separator to eliminate sound degrading magnetic fields
Manufacturer Website Address www.Audiovox.com
Cable Length 100ft
Product Series Pro Series II
Product Name Acoustic Research Pro II Series Speaker Cable (Bare wire)
Grade/Rating/Specifics 16 gauge, 2 conductor, Ultra fine strands, High purity oxygen free copper
Conductor Copper
Insulation PE dielectric
Product Type Audio Cable
Jacket Polyethylene

and i don't think the 2nd roll of wire was a "gift", they had already issued me a return label for my original roll of wire but I complained that i didn't want to be without wire for 2 weeks and they needed to cross ship. So, i'm going to send back the 2nd roll of wire using the label they previously issued me.

I don't see anywhere in the link you posted as it saying that the banana plugs are included. It does state "(Bare wire)" in the Header of the page and also under features and Tech specs in the Product Name line. If anyone is to blame for the misconception, it would be Buy.com for including them in the picture posted on the page, but I don't see any mention of the plugs as coming with the wire. But hell, you got a $36 roll of wire for free out of the deal; count yourself lucky and go buy you some banana plugs elsewhere.

It says somewhere that 24 plugs are included.

without a doubt buy.com its an issue with their product description and photo. The fact that they have not corrected the issue is even more proof at how lame they are. my advice would be to call them up and say the second roll also did not come with the plugs. point to the product summary, and request to speak to a manager. inform them that the second shipment did not also come with plugs and you would like them to send you this (quantity of two). stating you also talked with audiovox and they stated its an issue with your description. give them the product number and you should be set.

http://www.buy.com/prod/audiovox-pe...connector-banana-plug/q/loc/111/90100385.html

I don't see anywhere in the link you posted as it saying that the banana plugs are included. It does state "(Bare wire)" in the Header of the page and also under features and Tech specs in the Product Name line.

The (bare wire) in the description has nothing to do with included parts, it just means that the wire is, as described, bare. There is no insulator coating.

Product Description said:
Ribbed construction for polarity identificationIncludes eight 24k gold-plated connector pins

As stated there, they should have included eight 24k gold-plated connectors.

My bad, thanks for pointing that out. In my defense I saw this before I finished my first cup of coffee. :rolleyes:

Like Ozzman said, call them up and send both back for a refund, since they aren't honoring what they advertised.

I'd send them both back but I am already using the first spool I ordered...like I said, i don't want to be without speakers for two weeks.

in that case, demand that they send you the eight advertised plugs or you'll charge them back for $16 of the cost. Your CC-issuing bank will be happy to deny half of the billed charge for you if you dispute it.

The (bare wire) in the description has nothing to do with included parts, it just means that the wire is, as described, bare. There is no insulator coating.

That would be some interesting speaker wire when you fire up the amp. Not too good for the amp though :p

Messed up product description and picture which makes it worse. The rep probably just shot you off the wire to take care of it as quickly as possible thinking the first one might have been mispacked and I'm sure it's cheap for them. Talk to a higher up if you're still after the terminations.

i finally had some free time to waste on the phone fighting with their customer service. they refuse to just send me connectors. they will only send me a full package again. what a waste of time and money. I guess they don't mind wasting money on shipping. the girl i talked to on the phone tonight said "well if both the original order and the replacement didn't have them, then chances are another replacement isn't going to either." and i said "EXACTLY! just send me the freaking connectors!"

As stated earlier, they didn't deliver half of the product, so have your CC charge half the price back.

Back