• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg DOA items - can you fight the restocking & shipping fees?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Morvak

Disabled
The MB I received was DOA. They want to charge me a restocking fee. Sure, I can understand that if I just returned it and it works. But it's DOA!

Any shot at fighting this and getting that money back? And shipping too! It's not my fault it's DOA.

The MB I received was DOA. They want to charge me a restocking fee. Sure, I can understand that if I just returned it and it works. But it's DOA!

Any shot at fighting this and getting that money back? And shipping too! It's not my fault it's DOA.

Yep, call them up and explain the situation. I've heard of them issuing prepaid shipping before, but it takes a real person to approve it. Not guaranteed, but worth asking. It will probably help if you ask for the exact same model in exchange.

Dam, that was easy! Live Chat. Waived restocking fee and sent me a UPS label.

Niiiiiiiiice! New Egg rawwwwwkz! (and not just because I get stuff from them the next day either heheh)

Took me 4 sentences with "inconvenienced", "long time customer" and "DOA" thrown in hehe.

Now THAT'S customer service. If only it were always that easy with everyone else.

they just try to charge that since most people don't know anybetter and pay it, I received 4 sticks of ocz and 1 stick was completely dead and I used 2nd day air when I ordered it so I sent it back the same way but prior to shipping it I called newegg and got a prepaid shipping label and no restocking fee. Kinda funny that you pay for something and then they want you to pay again if it's junk but where does a restocking fee come in to something that can't be fixed or restocked lol

If I have to RMA something with the Egg I always call for it. I've never been hit with a restocking charge, including one time when I ordered the wrong item by mistake. Newegg has never done me wrong on an RMA and that is one reason why I buy so much from them.

Dam, that was easy! Live Chat. Waived restocking fee and sent me a UPS label.

Niiiiiiiiice! New Egg rawwwwwkz! (and not just because I get stuff from them the next day either heheh)

Took me 4 sentences with "inconvenienced", "long time customer" and "DOA" thrown in hehe.

Now THAT'S customer service. If only it were always that easy with everyone else.

I've never needed to bother with "inconvenienced" and "long time". I just let them know it is DOA, and they automatically waive restocking and put a UPS label in my account. :p

I eat it if I make a mistake in ordering, or don't do my research and want to return an item- I think that's fair. The time they made the mistake, I called to get them to cover then return shipping and waive any restocking fee. It wasn't a DOA item, but it was totally their mistake. If I get a DOA item, I'd expect them to cover it. When I sell on ebay or the classies, that's my policy too.

Back