• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with lan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chocobo

When I install the lan on my P5Q pro, what it does is it tries to get an IP then it says disconnected and then tries to aquire an IP and so forth.

It never says limited or no connectivity. It just keeps looking for an IP and then cutting off.

Any suggestions?

have you checked over your cable connections maybe something somewhere is slack or the clip thing is broken and not holding it securely.

I had a similar problem with the Atheros LAN on an Asus board I have, and it turned out to be that the drivers from the Asus CD didn't work right. I downloaded the official drivers from Atheros, and then went back, completely uninstalled the software and also the device from Device Manager, and manually installed the new drivers after a reboot. That got it working.

Simply reinstalling the new drivers without completely getting rid of the old ones didn't fix it.

Of course, this would prolly only apply to you if you have an Atheros LAN chip... dunno what's on the P5Q Pro.

Damn that means im going to need to buy a flash drive :( to get new drivers QQ but its cool ill try that when i get home.

Thanks

BTW it is Atheros that the P5Q has so ill try it thanks.

ok so I tried both from the asus website and the atheros website still the same problem :(.

So I've tried different versions of the same driver :(

Any other suggestions?

Edit: I was looking in the back and it seems like the lan keeps turning on and off.

Last edited:
Back