• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shuttle p4c issue help!! :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cuper

Hello,

I have a Shuttle SBG51 or something along those lines. There is a 2.4 ghz P4C chip in there and I am having issues getting it to run at full speed. It seems to be running at 1.2 ghz instead of 2.4 which is causing issues with DVD and media playback. I have gone in the bios and can't find where to turn up the bus speed to 200 mhz or the fsb to 800...

I have attached an image for you to see the cpuz screen. Any help would be appreciated!!! Thanks!

cpuz.jpg

You're right it should be set at 200/800 have you tried clearing the bios and resetting from defaults?

You're right it should be set at 200/800 have you tried clearing the bios and resetting from defaults?

Hey! Thanks for the quick reply! So I did that and nothing happened. I went online to check which jumper to switch to clear the CMOS and noticed that the manual says it only accepts 400 and 533 mhz cpus. if I have a 800 in there would that be the issue? I am running out the door so don't have time to check into it. It is weird because the bios has a setting to turn on hyperthreading which I didn't think the 400 or 533 chips had. below is the link to the manual.

any help is appreciated!!!

Thanks!

http://eu.shuttle.com/download/Archive/Manuals/en/fb51/fb51en.zip

Yes, that case/mobo doesnt nativly support 800mhz FSB. You may be able to OC to it, but I doubt it.

As for the HT setting, that is only for the 533mhz 3.06 P4. It was the only 533mhz with HT.

Back