• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gigatebyte p965 posting problems bad mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hank123

Hey guys I have a gigatebyte p965. When ever I try to over clock the CPU it wont most most of the time. I have tried a D805 and E1200. tried different ram and also Video cards.
I also flashed the bios from f12 to f13. no different.

I bought this from someone on the forums and it was suppost to be a good working mobo. seems not. Or am I doing something wrong?

Help plz!

Hmm i have tried 2 of these in the last 2 weeks and had no prob with oc.What settings are not taking ? Also some specs of the rest of the hardware would help.It sounds to me like maybe you are not adjusting the memory multiplier correctly.

Hmm i have tried 2 of these in the last 2 weeks and had no prob with oc.What settings are not taking ? Also some specs of the rest of the hardware would help.It sounds to me like maybe you are not adjusting the memory multiplier correctly.

Ram speed is low. Its DDR2 800Mhz and i will run it at 400ZMhz or so. I don't know if im thinking its gonna clock like a P35 chip set and thats the problem. I cant even get a e1200 to clock close to what i can on a P35. And when I do get it to post the OC is stable. But when I reboot it it wont post.

Power supply is punty big. Thermaltake with I think 32Amps on the 12v. tried 8800gt 256 and 7900gt.

i would be saying its ur settings not the board. ive got a p965-ds3p and its been overclockd since day one. im using it to post roght now and settings are 400mhz with ram at 1:1 and an e8400 at 3.6 at 1.3vcore (could probably be less i just cbf finding a lower setting that works for this computer).

altho i did have a weird issue this week where it was posting but always at 266mhz but bios always read 400... pulled out the bat let it sit put bat back in and away she goes again.

is ur PCIe bus 100?

I have a p965g-ds3 with E6700 and 800/6400 ram havent had a problem with it ,but have had a few little one with the P35 board, on occasions it has reverted back to 266, Similar to Albyno and a few others have recently had this issue.

Although I did notice that on my P35 the N/B sink had come loose for some reason and was getting hot , but after reseating was ok

This is what kills me. I have clocked the same chip(s) on a IP35 pro and way better.
would it have something to do with the fsb on the 965 is 1066 and the P35 will go over 1333 to 1600+

hank, maybe start by posting your settings and see if someone has some opinions about what you have tweaked under the hood.

Back